[meteorite-list] Conclusive

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:12 2004

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, AL kindly responded to Ari's question:

> I am not against life forming elsewhere on its own but when we
> see the degree of life we have here on Earth then it seems more
> logical that other planets if they had life on them at all might
> have been from good old Terra firma.

Which isn't quite "conclusive" but rather a bit
"contradictory" to your former statement :-)

...because on Sun, 23 Sep 2001, you wrote:

> I think some of the best evidence that could preclude them from being
> from Venus is the fact we have so many falls/finds of this material
> suggesting they are coming from outside of the Earth's orbit. It is
> easier for material to lose energy and find its way toward the sun
> than for it to gain energy and go further out from the sun, though
> a s e r i e s of right events could yield material.

... but, then, after all, who knows ...?

> a s e r i e s of right events

or, to quote Thomas Jefferson:

"It is easier to believe that two Yankee professors
would lie than that stones would fall from heaven".

Best wishes,

Bernd