[meteorite-list] Strange (And Interesting!) Allende Inclusions

From: Mark Fox <unclefireballmtf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:50:28 2004

April 19, 2002

Greetings Jay Haynes, Bernd, and Fellow Meteorite
Enthusiasts!

I have two possibilities to share on this interesting
mystery:

1. Perhaps Jay's piece of Allende is "clastic" and
the strange inclusions are in a sense not that of
Allende, but are in a clast or his whole sample is a
clast. "Zenolithic" I think is the term.

2. Then again, perhaps the strange inclusions are
Allende material and really are metallic --- free
copper is the phrase. Some meteorites, such as
Garnett, Kansas is said to contain such grains which I
would like to discuss in rigorous detail some time in
the future when time permits. I should mention that
I have never heard (at least I don't exactly recall)
of free copper in a carbonaceous chondrite.

Long strewn fields!

Mark Fox
Newaygo, MI USA

--- Bernd Pauli HD