[meteorite-list] Re: a bad N.E. Meteoritical Services experience?

From: Tracy Latimer <tracyl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:52:24 2004

We have the same problem here in HI, but it's not restricted to
meteorites. Anything that looks interesting has about a 1 in 5 chance of
getting 'cockaroached' between here and there. For some reason, mail from
Canada seems to have a particularly rough time getting here -- just ask
Dean! Things get delayed up to 2 months, and I still haven't gotten a
piece I was expecting from Eduardo back in May (no reflection on him, I'm
sure.) To sum up, there DOES seem to be a backlog in the Post Office, and
we should live in fear and loathing as to what might happen when the Yule
season rolls around.

Matteo, what holidays happen in August that might confuse the Post
Office? I thought Hawaii was the weird one, celebrating Admissions Day!

Aloha!
Tracy Latimer