[meteorite-list] Praise well deserved

From: Steve Witt <stelor96_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:10 2004

Greetings List,

In the past when I've gotten good customer service from a meteorite
dealer I've posted kudos to that specific dealer. I think we should
share our good experiences. I must admit that I've always been a
little tentative about ordering from dealers "across the Big Pond".
My thought was that the delivery would take forever or get lost or
never show up at all.

I recently had the priviledge of meeting Rob Elliot (Fernlea
Meteorites) in the Chicago area. I found him to be a very down to
earth, personable gentleman. He explained his shipping policies to me
and I was quite surprised. He told me that orders from him in the
U.K. usually got to their destinations, in the U.S. faster than state
to state shipments here in our own country. I have to admit, I was a
bit skeptical.

I'd had my eye on a nice slice of Cumberland Falls on Rob's site for
some time and made the decision this past Sunday to go for it. Order
placed Sunday afternoon. Rob notified me that the specimen would ship
Monday 7/22. The Cumberland Falls specimen was safely in my hands
this afternoon Weds 7/24/ at 1:30 P.M. Central. Less than 48 hours
from the U.K. to my front door. This to me is phenominal service.
Packaging was above and beyond what was needed to ensure that the
specimen arrived in one piece, and the Cumberland is absolutely
beautiful! Thanks Rob!

I now think I had a pre-conceived prejudice that ordering from
overseas simply wouldn't work. I now know better. I have to say that
this was the most professional, time efficinet and best packaged
purchase that I've made in the four years that I've been collecting.

If you've been hesitant about ordering from Rob because he's
overseas, there's absollutely no need to be. Give him a try. I know
you'll be very pleasantly surprised.
I know I was.

Thanx,
Steve