[meteorite-list] Classic eBay M-Wrong

From: magellon <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:50 2004

--------------D19A8F559DC7EA635B6F747B

Hi,
You have got to see this: METEOR From Deep Deep Outer Space
Lighten Picts Photo#1 Photo#2 Photo#3
This is THE CLASSIC M-wrong. In an email the guy even told me "I found
it the morning of the first night of the Band of meteorites passing
through Earth's path. We were pelted in this area for several nights
but I
am the only one that has reported recovering one." Also, "Just in the
short year that I have owned this I have answered questions, displayed,
and shipped this precious object to all parts of the planet for
viewing." Yet, I was the first person to ask if his find was attracted
to a magnet. (He did not know and does not have a magnet)
Everything from the description to the photos looks and sounds fake.
When I ask a seller of a m-wrong if I can use his photo and description
for my M-wrong Page, the dishonest ones (knowing their meteorite is a
fake) usually say no or agree under anonymity. This guy wanted
publicity, so I'm convinced that he actually believes all the
unbelievable stuff he is saying. That's incredible!
Ken Newton
 me

--------------D19A8F559DC7EA635B6F747B

Hi,
>From Deep Deep Outer Space</a>
it the morning of the first night of the Band of meteorites passing
nights but I
in the short year that I have owned this I have answered questions, displayed,
and shipped this precious object to all parts of the planet for viewing."
Yet, I was the first person to ask if his find was attracted to a magnet.
(He did not know and does not have a magnet)
fake. When I ask a seller of a m-wrong if I can use his photo and description
for my M-wrong Page, the dishonest ones (knowing their meteorite is a fake)
usually say no or agree under&nbsp; anonymity. This guy wanted publicity,