[meteorite-list] Marcia Swanson vs Phil Morgan vs "Steve "in Chicago

From: John Gwilliam <jkg_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:13:09 2004

Rob, Marcia, and List,

Marcia, there are some other things about this list that you might not be
aware of. If you were able to view a list of the members of this list, you
would find that it includes a majority of "Who's Who in Meteorites." This
includes prominent researchers, scientists, writes and historians; not to
mention the major dealers and collectors. And, most of them have been on
this List since the beginning. My guess is that most of the members of
this list did not enjoy the "contest" and the resulting eighth grade locker
room humor that clogs their In boxes. It is true...we can all choose to hit
our "DELETE" buttons, but it is still a waste of time to sort through all
the incoming mail. Several list members have used a different approach and
simply created a filter to eliminate all emails from people they find
distasteful or offensive.

Best,

John Gwilliam