[meteorite-list] Blades for iron meteorites

From: PolandMET.com <PolandMET.com_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:14:08 2004

Hey again tooday.
What blades You recommended for cuttind iron meteorites like nantans or
canyon diablo ?

When I try to cut my new nantan using my standard USSR blades (around 20
years old production but still best quality) 15cm x 0.5mm thick, nantan
destroy it. Diamonds from one side was wear out more that from other side.

Now I buy blades from www.jbfc.com but they looks verry delicate and I dont
want to use them to cut any iron (only chondrites). One guy tell me that he
use MK1000 blades.

For example, I buy normal blade (not diamond blade) for cutting iron things
(pipes, ironplates etc). On 2800rpm and water cooling I cut 5 hours !!!
fragment around 3x3cm :))))))
This was terrible.

Thanks for help

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net