[meteorite-list] RE: Most Expensive Meteorite Ever Sold on eBay (Zagami Mars Meteorite)

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:33 2004

Hello Everyone,

To think they will realize this kind of price for Zagami is ridiculous.
Maybe they should handle the Frass material or the spent blown-out comet
that landed in somebody's back yard a while back. You would think with a
half million dollar offering they would get their facts straight. I noticed
they are timing the sale with the closest approach of Mars in 60,000 years,
the only smart piece of marketing I have see regarding this proposed sale.
I feel Martian material is a good investment right now because of all the
future missions to Mars will spark a renewed interest but I do not feel this
kind of money will be realized for a 188 gram specimen of Zagami.

All the best,

Adam