[meteorite-list] Re: EBay analysis (preliminary)

From: Jamie Stephens <j.stephens_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:28:37 2004

I can't resist responding. This one is too good.

            ** Please delete if you are mature. **

Mike Groetz wrote:

> Everyone-
> I think this has went on long enough.

Probably, but thanks for your informative follow-up.

> We sell and collect meteorites for the imagination,
> fun, develop friendships and to learn.

Not me. I'm trying to corner the market, get rich, and cheat people.
(One problem is that these dang things can fall *anywhere*!)

> Not for some geek

You mean me? Yikes! I'm a loser!

> to develop a program to advertize our involvement and history.

Not my intention, but I like the suggestions. I would like a prize or
something. Maybe a spot on Larry King.

> I agree with Mike Farmer 100%- IT IS NOBODY'S
> BUSINESS anyones involvement!

This sentence doesn't make sense, but I think I know where you're
going.

> It has nothing positive to offer.

Many others disagree, including several prominent dealers and List
members. They too must be losers or misguided or something. Jerks.

> We all know who we like to buy from and work with.

Yes, and I'm learning more myself all the time.

> No "data" will ever influence that.

(Does your posting count as "data"?)

Of course that's not the intention of my experiment. How could it?

> My suggestion is the developers of such programs go
> crawl back into their hole.

I lack a hole to crawl into. Please advise on alternatives. Maybe a
large box? There is a low place in my back yard. That might do.

> They have no interest in meteorites and nothing to offer to the
> science of meteorite collecting and learning.

Impressive. I can't remember ever talking to you. Please remind me.

> If anything, they are only hurting the friendships and relationships
> that seem harder to maintain in the world we live in.

You might be surprised at the good private conversations with list
members since starting the thread. It'd be presumptive for me to
think that you're hurting your friendships and relationships with your
post, right?

> To all of you programming geeks that use the rest
> of us for your data- get a life.

What do you suggest? Something like skateboarding? But I don't like
the sun.

> We have a one- you don't. Don't make yours by using
> ours.

I feel so empty. Time for a snack, I guess.

--Jamie