[meteorite-list] Ebay fakes

From: almitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:29:49 2004

Hi Michael and all,

The Sikhote-Alin with the hole you bid on describe, I recognized as soon as it was put
on ebay. I was lucky enough to see it right after being listed and contacted ebay's
fraud department right away. I didn't post the auction to the list as I wanted them to
have as much time as they needed to track this con artist down. I didn't want to alert
this individual in the event they are on the list here. Hopefully some progress was
made and they might have a handle of the identity who listed the auction. If I get any
new information I will let the list know. My understanding is they may have made some
progress on this due to quick action.

--AL