[meteorite-list] The problems with Amgala

From: Martin Altmann <Altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Aug 7 06:23:13 2004

But Amgala just came out.
As told on the beginning all new falls have a higher price than that they
will have when
they will have normalized. Now with ebay this price changings happen more
rapidely but the principle is the same. Falls: First time very expensive,
after the first hype much cheaper, then stable at this level or increasing
in price depending on how much material was available in total.

>From Pultusk there were in the last one/two years coming a bunch of new
stones from collections and museum trades on the market - if those stones
will be
gone, the prices will rise again.

I also have only historical meteorites or meteorites with names in my
collections. A few like Pultusk felt in price, some rose - but all in all
they are extremely stable in price over a long time and the value was even
slowly increasing as with internet many new collectors started and with the
historics the material is limited.