[meteorite-list] Stolen Allende

From: Anita Westlake <libawc_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Dec 3 10:37:20 2004

Dear List:
   A few weeks ago I was asked to bring my meteorites to a small gem show in
Athens, GA and talk about them to the wandering public. I made a point to
highlight my Allende specimen because of its age, and told how this small
piece was the catalyst that started my whole collection (and my
fascination).
   Well, I must have been pretty convincing, because when I got home I
realized that someone else had wanted to use my Allende to start their
collection.
   I know I'll get over this feeling of violation and disgust, but I will
always wonder: how can the person who took my specimen ever look at it with
anything other than shame?

Anita D. Westlake