[meteorite-list] Stolen Allende

From: branchw_at_bellsouth.net <branchw_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Dec 3 17:44:05 2004

Hi Anita and List,

Just got in from a professional conference in Atlanta. Boy, do I hate
driving in Atlanta. The posted speed limit on I-85 in downtown is 55 mph
but if you do less than 70 mph you get run over!

Athens, GA? I spent 4 year there working on a Ph.D. from UGA. Nice college
town but I am very sorry your Allende was stolen. I love Allende. I once
passed around a nice large slice that was inside a Riker box and when it was
returned to me is was broken. My heart nearly fell out of my chest.

I Recently picked up a beautiful 56 gram King piece from Steve Arnold
(Arkansas) for $2.88/gram. It is a nice chunk of this great meteorite.

On the off chance one of us get offered it for purchase, do you have any
pictures of you Allende? Was it special or different in any way?

Mark Bostick: Very nice gesture. Class all the way!

I need some rest...

-Walter