[meteorite-list] AD - The best Mesos you've ever seen

From: Rob Wesel <nakhladog_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Dec 5 03:59:06 2004

Hello all -

I have a couple mesosiderites to offer, pieces I have spent over a year to
get prepped to perfection.
The first is a Type B meso NWA 1817

I did a bit of looking into the differences in Meso Types A, B, C with Dr
Ted Bunch at NAU and DR. Alex Ruzicka with Cascadia Meteorite Lab
The difference lies in pyroxene differences:

 TYPE A plagioclase>Ca-pyroxene> orthopyroxene
 TYPE B clinopyroxene>plagioclase>orthopyroxene
 TYPE C abundant orthopyroxene with traces of Ca-pyroxene and plagioclase

and the implication suggests a NEAR-SURFACE ORIGIN in Type A toward A DEEPER
ORIGIN FOR Type B and C (going deeper).

And finally, this scheme is subject to error and not yet fully studied

So there you have it, most are Type A, a few are Type B , and very few are
Type C...like only two known on this planet
I will send another listing ad for the type C later today, for now I am
offering type B

NWA 1817 has a very high metal content and cutting an polishing losses came
to about 50%, but I reached a point where I didn't care...I wanted these to
shine...and they do.

I have always collected for quality above quantity and I wanted these
beauties to glow. They are polished to rival Chinga, they reflect a 10 point
font perfectly readable. Problem is the camera is having a hell of a time
catching them. There are fine scratches, the result of polishing to
glasslike and then having a single bit of stone pop out and scratch the
metal, there had to be some stopping point.

Anyway, enough marketing, they are the shiniest mesosiderite you will ever
own, full money back if you don't agree. What doesn't sell here will go to
Tucson for all to see them in person.
Writing a thousand words because the picture just can't do it.

Price 0-10 grams $25 per gram
10+ grams $20 per gram

U.S. Priority shipping $4, foreign $5.50, insurance extra,

No two for one, half price, pick three I choose one, throw a magnet in a
barrel, pick a number, or price reductions a week from now. It sells here or
in Tucson.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/robandcolleen11197/album?.dir=/efd4

Rob Wesel