[meteorite-list] ** French meteorite book/German books

From: meteoriteplaya_at_comcast.net <meteoriteplaya_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Dec 9 16:49:12 2004

Hi Martin
You are actually quite fortunate that there are several books on general knowledge of meteorites written in German. I have several of these books in my collection including;

Carion, Alain translated by Bernd Pauli 1996 Meteorite. Published by the author, Paris, France. German language 1st edition. Soft cover, 40 pp.

Heinlein, Dieter 2003 Gotterboten Feuer vom Himmel. by Volkssternwarte Laupheim e. V Softcover, 25 pp.

Retyi, Andreas von and Aumann, Georg 1996 Meteorite - Boten aus dem. Weltall Naturkunde-Museum Coburg Softcover 116 pp.

Schlüter, Jochen 1996 Steine des Himmels: Meteorite. Ellert and Richter, Hamburg, Germany, Soft cover 123 pp.

Warth, Manfred and Reiff, Winfried 1992 Meteorite und Meteoritekrater. by Stuttgarter Beitrage zur Naturkunde. Softcover , 47 pp.

I'm sure there are others. All are available from various sources. I can let you know who to purchase them from if you need it. Don't forget lots of other languages have even fewer available. I don't have any Italian language books in my collection as well as numerous others.
I don't know of any that are specific to German meteorites by location but there are a couple of excellent web sites that cover the topic very well. Here is a good one
http://www.astroamateur.de/meteorite/metd.html

Mike "Book nut of all languages who only speaks/reads one"

Mike Jensen IMCA 4264
Bill Jensen IMCA 2359
Jensen Meteorites
16730 E Ada PL