[meteorite-list] 2nd comment on TUCSON AUCTION - On line catalog started (AD)

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Dec 9 20:32:21 2004

Hi all,
        I have received comments off list about so many entries from one
source given that I have always promoted this as "The People's Auction."
This is where I am at with it:
        I will be DELIGHTED to take quality entries form anyone and
everyone. To date, this is what I have received. They are EXCELLENT
and have either no minimum or very low minimums for what they
are. I am delighted with them - and would LOVE to have 75 more entries
from other parties.
        Y'all send me as much as you want of material of this quality.
        To date, I have ONE other entry from ONE other person.
        If people want this to remain true in spirit to "The People's
Auction" then the people will have to send things in for listing. It IS
The People's Auction - just the people are sitting on their hands....
        Last year I had OVER HALF the "people" (non-dealers) who wanted
to put stuff in the auction show up AFTER 7:15 PM - with less than
fifteen minutes to go before bid calling. Of course, I turned all but
the very best away.
        I will be more than happy to place good photos on line providing
advanced advertising, etc. However, I will have a catalog of good material
and if that comes from one, two or three dealers or 55 collectors, is up
to the people who do or do not submit items.
        7:15 on the night of the auction probably won't get in..... they
certainly won't be in the on line catalog.
        Bring 'm on! Michael