[meteorite-list] Proud Tom

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:08 2004

Hi all,
        I have received numerous posts from individuals claiming they
"know" I am Proud Tom.
        I am not pulling a Clinton on you when I say, I am not, nor have
I ever been, Proud Tom.
        I am the fortunate benefactor of his trust in announcing the
opening of his web sites. I suspect this honor was granted me because
I don't want his identity known, as I consider his anonymity part of
the humor of the phenomenon of Proud Tom. I believe he does not
post directly to the list because, I am told, emails can be traced, at
least to a limited geographic locale of origin. That way, someone
could make a very well educated guess as to his identity. Since I have
a stake in seeing his identity remains hidden, he, apparently, has
chosen to trust me to relay announcements of new web sites.
(Too bad, John, I would have liked to fake you out for a free dinner!
A wise move on your part to forewarn the capacious Jensen Brothers!)
        It will be interesting to see if Proud Tom "comes out of the closet"
in Tucson - but I, for one, hope his identity remains a mystery to the
meteorite community for all time.
        Best wishes, Michael

--
When Jesus said "Love your enemies" I think he probably
meant don't kill them.
           Anonymous
--
AMAZING photos of Aurora Borealis, etc.
http://faculty.rmwc.edu/tmichalik/atmosphere.htm
--
Hubble space telescope - AMAZING photos!:
http://wires.news.com.au/special/mm/030811-hubble.htm
--
http://www.costofwar.com/
--