[meteorite-list] Collectors and dealers.

From: Mike / flattoprocks <mikewm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:56 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C416AD.0193E740

Hello list, I do not post very often. I would guess that 90% of the =
meteorite people on the list rarely if ever post. Anyway I was wondering =
if the dealers at the top of the meteorite world still have time to =
collect meteorites? Do you collect each new fall and or find that you =
sell? Is it more fun to sell a new meteorite or to add it to your =
collection?=20
 I am fairly new at collecting and selling meteorites. Each time I see =
or find something that is new or different I tend to collect it. I just =
added a Canyon Diablo to my collection that has a hole through it. It =
would be very easy to sell it and make a few bucks, but I would rather =
keep it in my collection. I found a Gold Basin that shows flow lines and =
has a rollover lip, I could sell it for a dollar a gram, but I would =
rather collect it.
 I guess I am wondering if anyone is collecting meteorites or just =
selling them. I would like to hear about the really cool one you put in =
your personal collection, maybe even see a picture. I had a friend give =
me a 2 kilo Gibeon (the best I have ever seen) as a gift. I would not =
sell the piece for $100.00 per gram. I also had a friend give me a 14.5 =
gram iron from AZ, I would not sell it for $100.00 per gram either. Am I =
the only collector out there?
Mike Miller // E-Bay flattoprocks
------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C416AD.0193E740

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello list, I do not post very often. I =
would guess=20
that 90% of the meteorite people on the list rarely&nbsp;if ever post. =
Anyway I=20
was wondering if the dealers at the top of the meteorite world still =
have time=20
to collect meteorites? Do you collect each new fall and or find that you =
sell?=20
Is it more fun to sell a new meteorite or to add it to your collection?=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;I am fairly new at collecting and =
selling=20
meteorites. Each time I see or find something that is new or different I =
tend to=20
collect it. I just added a Canyon Diablo to my collection that has a =
hole=20
through it. It would be very easy to sell it and make a few bucks, but I =
would=20
rather keep it in my collection. I found a Gold Basin that shows flow =
lines and=20
has a rollover lip, I could sell it for a dollar a gram, but I would =
rather=20
collect it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;I guess I am wondering if anyone =
is=20
collecting meteorites or just selling them. I would like to hear about =
the=20
really cool one you put in your personal collection, maybe even see a =
picture. I=20
had a friend give me a 2 kilo Gibeon (the best I have ever seen) as a =
gift. I=20
would not sell the piece for $100.00 per gram. I also had a friend give =
me a=20
14.5 gram iron from AZ, I would not sell it for $100.00 per gram either. =
Am I=20
the only collector out there?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mike Miller&nbsp; //&nbsp; E-Bay&nbsp;=20
flattoprocks</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C416AD.0193E740--