[meteorite-list] shipping costs.

From: Peanut .. <cj_peanut_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Oct 1 15:40:06 2004

Hi All,

Shipping, in my opinion, should be a minimal part of a purchase. I
understand it's an important part, but low shipping and good service will
always bring a customer back for repeat sales. My shipping costs are based
on weight. 95% of all meteorites I sell ship for $1.00 and international
shipping from me rarely tops $2.00.

I consider the costs of the ziploc, the padded envelope, the specimen card
and a little for my time and $2.00 usually covers it. I, like the Hupes also
offer additional shipping options. I can send a package via 1st class or
Airmail for $2.00 or less (Usually) or I can send Priority which is $4.00 or
$5.00 to most Western European countries. (No Priority in most Eastern
European countries yet)

As of today, I haven't had any problems with any Airmail packages getting
"Lost" and I have shipped to countries all over the world.

I sell small pieces mind you, but I still believe the buyer should only pay
the least that is necessary for them to get the item.

Just my thoughts,

Cj