[meteorite-list] Howardite Blow Out - what a shame

From: Christian Anger <christian.anger_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Sep 23 13:31:30 2004

Yeaaahhh,

now the things that I have been awaiting (since the last year) is going to
be reality.

Market slows down and the QUIET RESERVES are opening.

Many, many, many collectors have been faked with "low TKW" of most of the
rare classification meteorites from NWA. As I posted to the list some months
ago regarding the famous "olivine diogenites" that were showing up the last
year and still are showing up.

How strange that one olivine diogenite followed the other in short time
periods ( or howardites like NWA 1929 or twisted sisters etc...............)

Or mesosiderites - regarding to an abstract of the MAPS Supplement 2004
August "Two large mesosiderites : NWA 1817/1878/1979/2042 and NWA
1827/1879/1882/1912/1951/1982/3055" by Wittke, Bunch , Irving and Kuehner.

How many scientific resources have been misused to classify one and the same
meteorite 4 or up to 7 times !!! What a waste of public money. What a waste
of time for scientists.

Now most of the collectors noticed what happened the last years and like me,
they feel faked. I am waiting for the next "rare meteorites" that will show
up in near future - maybe a bulk of desert lodranites, brachinites,
shergottites or something else "sensational new materials".
I am wondering about there's now new NWA 011 like meteorite ?
Come on, open your stocks and let us know how much of each "rare one" does
really exist.

My advice to new collectors: Don't buy fast - have patience - a year or
more. You can get everything for a fraction of the original price.
Check out Michael Blood's Market Trends and watch the common times.

Cheers to Martin Altmann (hope to meet you again in Munich) and many other
collecting friends which made the same experiences in the last year.

Awaiting Munich and guessing how much kilos of all the "rarities" are
showing up there,

Christian

IMCA #2673
www.austromet.com