[meteorite-list] Numbering Meteorites

From: Peanut .. <cj_peanut_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 24 05:20:23 2004

Hello All,

Back in July, there were posts that touched base on numbering and organizing
personal collections. At the time, I didn't have enough meteorites that
would require the use of numbers. Well, that has changed.

A number of ideas were presented and I was hoping to get a few more. Also
Glenn Huss used a simple system of numbering consisting of the letter H
(Huss?) and numbers. This is a good system.

My question is, Would it be considered "TABOO" to adopt the same or similar
numbering system, realizing it lacks originality, I just figure...... If it
works?

Also, Thanks for all that provided information on SAU001 and NWA 237 and to
those who gave their opinions on my auctions.

Thanks,

Cj