[meteorite-list] What great hobby!!

From: Jan Bartels <jan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Apr 9 18:12:21 2005

Dear List,

I just found out what a great hobby we all have. Collecting meteorites,
talk about it with so many friends and read all these great messages here
on the list....fun!!

Now i'm not such a wild type of person who wants to be involved with
problems or all the nagging going on lately on this list but something has
happened that really concerns me.
I just read Steve Arnold has left the IMCA. Since i don't have any
personal problems with Steve i contacted him and asked him what's going
on. It seems someone is threaten him with bodily harm if things will
continue the way they are. Someone who has "meteoritepolice" as his
mailing adress is sending this message as it seems. Now this is really
getting sick!! If all this is true where is this all going to????? So many
times i read the rubbish of others on this list and who are just getting
away with it,even when they have been told to leave the list and/or the
IMCA by so many members and still nothing happens. Now we start to use
violence!!??....sick....really...sick!!
I know Steve has made mistakes. I have seen many others made so many
more.....

For the real ones....happy collecting!!
Jan