[meteorite-list] [Martin Altmann] Deport (a) safely home...

From: Jerry A. Wallace <jwal2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed May 11 03:15:06 2005

Hi Martin,

Just to let you know that Deport (a) arrived here safe and sound
this afternoon. I could almost swear I saw it make a big grin when
I opened the wrapping and the Texas sunshine hit it in the face.

We're planning a big WELCOME HOME party for Miss Deport (a)
(all 23.37 grams of her) this Saturday with plenty barbeque and
cold Bud longnecks, so if you happen to be in the vicinity of Texas
we would be most honored to have you join the party. That invitation
stands good anytime, Martin.

Many, many thanks for your gracious help in the transaction.

Best Wishes,

Jerry

PS... She's a beauty; a little stained, perhaps, but for something that's
been putting up with us humans for over sixty years and being sent
halfway around the world and back- she's holding up very well. A
true Texan at heart.