[meteorite-list] Kansas Legal Debate: Creation, Evolution and Intelligent Design

From: Charles Viau <cviau_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri May 13 01:50:51 2005

C,E, and I.

I think that it should be required reading for every school pupil, the works
of Stephan Jay Gould. Even if you are not in school anymore, read his works
before making a stand in any area concerning evolution. In particular, "Full
House, Harmony Books, 1996, Stephan Gould, ISBN 0-517-70394-7"

His logic and scientific method show beyond doubt (for myself, anyway), that
life is a crap-shoot, and evolution has absolutely no plan at all. It is
totally survival of the fittest given environment conditions.

Note that this does not mean that there is no God,( conversely. it shows
more evidence for God), nor does this conclusion undermine the fundamental
teachings of the worlds great religions, because they have yet to give
anyone a satisfactory answer to the question "Where do we come from?"

Stephan does not try and stuff his ideas down your throat, but instead shows
in rational and mathematical terms why this has to be the way it is.
Darwin's friend indeed, but he would probably never say that...

CharlyV