[meteorite-list] New Orleans

From: AL Mitterling <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Sep 5 14:11:48 2005

Hi Michael and all,

Michael, they are simply helping the people down there with no strings
attached. Do a bit of research before you put them down. Better yet they
are giving most of the money donated to where it belongs and not paying
some fat administrator a six figure sum which does nothing to help the
poor people down there. I think it is best to put money where it will do
the most good and go to where it is suppose to go.

I understand that some people wouldn't want to give to a Christian
Organization and I appreciate and respect that but I think that Billy
Graham has a sterling reputation and this organization really helps
people out. I don't think that the Samaritan's Purse operates as a
religious organization but rather as a humanitarian group. There are
some organizations that don't operate political and put prejudices aside
and do what they should do and in this case it is simply helping the
victims of all this.

No doubt there there are other organizations out there that also have
similar goals that people can donate to but please do your research or
most of the money can end up in the wrong place. All my best!

--AL Mitterling