[meteorite-list] Treasure

From: ken newton <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Apr 28 12:07:32 2006

>The impact is great: it costs us all our cultural heritage.
Mr. Besedin,
Please define the above statement, specifically HOW is the impact
great? I know it's a challenge but try to provide 'costs' values so I
can understand how you view this. Your definitions and mine are
obviously different. Does this mean that all road building should be
halted unless done by scientists? Construction footers, telephone pole
erection, mineral exploration, wells and pipes laying for
irrigation/sewage, etc should be delayed. And what about all who support
those bad profiteers that destroy the cultural heritage by having cars
and homes and computers (that use the phones lines supporting those
cultural heritage destroying pole holes), etc, etc, etc? Outwardly it
appears to me as if you really wish to reorganized our culture under the
guise of understanding past cultures.

You say "Meteorite hunting is not the problem." I really don't
understand your position on a meteorite LIST so please be specific in
HOW this relates more so to meteorite collection than the soil moving
processes mentioned above and specific reasons WHY we should care.
Perhaps provide specific past examples of "ecological implications"
meteorite hunters have ignored? Sorry, but it really sounds as if your
concerns are more politically motivated than by science. Please remember
this is a meteorite discussion list. If your answers pertain mostly to
fossil/relic hunters or to political issues then you should seek the
proper forum for your concerns. If I have improperly categorized your
statements, I apologize.

And if you really are attempting to change attitudes, thanks for not
talking down to us and calling us names.

A Cultural heritage challenged slobbering looter,
Ken Newton