[meteorite-list] Scales - Looking for Advice

From: Bob King <nightsky55_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 09:59:58 -0600

Hi Norbert,
I have a Triton T2 (MyWeight) portable, battery-powered scale I picked up on
eBay for around $17. Sounds like it would be a piece of junk but it's
accuracy is dead on. Everytime I check a meteorite's weight, it agrees with
the weight given by the dealer or is at most 1/10g different. It weighs up
to 550g to 1/10g accuracy and came with the 200g calibration weight. I've
had it for about a year so far and it works fine. The supplied batteries are
still good, too. I think they're still available on eBay.
Best wishes,
Bob