[meteorite-list] Lost/Stolen meteorites

From: Dave Freeman mjwy <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 10:57:48 -0700

Rare fern claim, the only known to exist; 3" celery stalk-like
acrostichum fern root base sold for $150, valued at over $500, USPS paid
sale price the buyer paid on ebay....$150. Lesson, don't bid cheap if
you know the item will later turn up missing. He was not happy, neither
was I, piece could not make a 245 mile journey down I-80 to Laramie,WY.
Only two post offices involved, only 5 individuals had access to the
package. I send important items registered mail now, for what ever that
is worth.
I require shipping insurance and delivery confirmation on EVERY item I sell.
Dave Freeman
mjwy