[meteorite-list] Mark's Tucson Report and Martin's Signs Gallery

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Feb 21 18:00:28 2006

Hello Jim and list,

My report noted: "E.T. was in the same room as he was last year. This year
his inventory ranged from bargain priced baby NWA869's to a lunar I am
guessing weighed 1.5 kg."

Jim Strope wrote: "Apparently Mark was taken in by the rumor that was spread
around the show about the 1.5kg lunar. His report is wrong and should be
changed in the spirit of accuracy."

In the...."spirit of accuracy"....I changed the line to....

"E.T. was in the same room as he was last year. This year his inventory
ranged from bargain priced baby NWA869's to some small complete Dhofar
lunars."

E.T. was selling some small lunars for Rob Wesel and I know they were real.

Now with that out of way. E.T. had a big stone...he was calling, and showed
to me as a lunar...that I guessed weighed 1.5 kg. If that was some joke or
the like, I do not know nor was I a part of it. It did look the part so I
guess it was some eucrite? Either way I was not spreading some rumor from
the show, and if you have noticed, as in the past, I avoid writing about the
ugly of the show.

In the future, if you do not mind, I would prefer you e-mail me just
privately on such as thing, rather then say, e-mail Paul and the list. I
think you owe me a beer at the next birthday bash for that. Just joking,
but since we are friendly, that e-mail was...surprising.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com