[meteorite-list] A Final Opinion

From: roc350_at_optonline.net <roc350_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jan 29 10:18:12 2006

Dear list,
I have contacted a few meteorite hunters and read through all of the archives in the list regarding metal detectors. I learned a lot and decided to look for a White's Goldmaster GM3. In speaking with many of the reputable dealerships that sell good used models, almost all of them asked "what is it with meteorite hunters and the Goldmaster detectors"? They thought the best possible machine to be the White's MXT or GMT. They told me that these two detectors have automatic ground balancing and an older Goldmaster without it is a pain in the _at_$$#!!! Well, I figured there is a good reason why meteorite hunters like the GM3 and may possibly not care for automatic ground balancing. Maybe the dealers just want to sell a new machine? I currently have the opportunity to purchase a used GM3 for @ $350.00. A new MXT or GMT goes for twice this amount. Since many of the posts are older and auto-balancing was not available then, I figured reaching out to the list again for advice would be
a good idea.

Thanks,
Ed