[meteorite-list] A Final Opinion

From: Kevin Forbes <vk3ukf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jan 29 10:48:07 2006

Hi, probably the older machines are desirable, because they do not filter
out signals from Iron, as well as the new machines do. Iron is what you are
in fact looking for. Gold is a tricky metal to detect, its signals and
response by most metal detectors falls below Iron, Silver and Copper. A
detector that is very responsive to Iron, is just what the doctor ordered(in
a meteorite search). Although detectors that are very sensitive to the weak
"Gold" can be turned down or off, giving you the best of both worlds, but,
you will pay for it.
Good luck in your searches.

Kevin, VK3UKF.