AW: [meteorite-list] Question

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jul 12 13:57:56 2006

Hi all,
        I find this very interesting (below) - is anyone on the list "in the
know" on this event and what it was about?
--
 Getafe: On the afternooon of June 21, 1994, Jose Martin and his wife,
Vicenta Cors, were driving in Spain from Madrid to Marbella. As they zoomed
past the town of Getafe, a three-pound rock smashed through their windshield
on the driver's side, ricocheted off the dashboard, and bent the steering
wheel, breaking the little finger on Martin's right hand. It then flew
between the couple's heads and landed on the back seat. Other than the
broken little finger, they were okay. The stone was chemically analyzed  but
cannot be confirmed as extraterrestrial on this basis. Eighty-one additional
fragments weighing a total of 55 kg were collected from the area.
--
This mentions 55 Kg of fragments being collected. If they were'nt
meteoritic, what was going on? Anyone know? ...here is another link
on this:
http://tierra.rediris.es/merge/getafe.html
    Comments welcome....
    Michael
--
The greater a person's sense of guilt, the greater his or her need to cast
blame on others.