AW: [meteorite-list] Question

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jul 12 14:21:17 2006

I believe the general feeling is that this is an unusual slag, but it isn't
entirely certain. There is a steel plant in the area, and slag sometimes
drops onto roads. The fact that this piece hit a car allowed its fall angle
to be estimated at 20?, which isn't possible for a meteorite of this size
unless it bounced off a cliff or there was a hurricane at the time.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com