[meteorite-list] Re: The smallest oriented meteorite contest - CAILLOU NOIR: RESULTS

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jul 30 14:41:20 2006

Michele and Frederic posted:

> You can have a look at all the meteorites that have been proposed at:
> http://www.caillou-noir.com/Contestjuly2006.htm

Dear Michele, Frederic, and List:

What a terrific collection of photos. I must compliment you and all the
contestants. What an enjoyable project.

Paul, did you find that 0.075-gram Holbrook yourself? Were you hunting
the strewnfield on your hands and knees with a microscope? : )

I had a couple I wanted to enter, but didn't have one of these
millionths-of-a-gram scales that you guys do. I found a perfectly
oriented 0.2-gram shield in Park Forest, in a car park south of town,
but it was so tiny I lost it. Can you believe it? What a maroon : )

Oh well, I enjoyed the pics very much. Congrats to all the players.

Geoff N.
www.aerolite.org