[meteorite-list] Satellite Reentry Witness 4

From: Kevin Forbes <vk3ukf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jun 5 10:41:27 2006

My apologies George, I should read my scribblings a few times before I post
them.

:-)

Lest I draw a different picture than the one intended.
It did read as if it travelled the entire sky, bad me.
I'll try this again.
You probably like to look at at satellites in the sky as well as myself.
I enjoy making radio contact with PCSAT and the ISS packet system and crew
using the amateur radio setup in the shack, and then dashing outside to see
the bird I am making contact with.
The thing I saw, was comparable to an aircraft at a distance. But did not
traverse the entire sky, it was perhaps only 10-20 degrees parallel to the
horizon, it didn't move or cover much more than the general direction of
looking to the North.
At my location, it would have actually been travelling in a Sth West to the
Nth East, or Nth West to the Sth East. But all I perceived was the West to
East motion.
This is why, I feel so sure it was the sat and not the rock.

Sorry for the double post to you also, I forgot to include the met-list as
well, just so anyone else is not left out of the loop, so to speak.
:-)

Kevin.