[meteorite-list] Self Proclaimed Pairings Issues (SPPI)

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri May 5 16:16:40 2006

>Yea but...
>
>A PCGS rated coin is worth a lot more than a dealer's self proclaimed
>rating
>which means nothing no matter how honest he may be perceived. Same for
>baseball cards. Borrowing a serial number from an officially rated baseball
>card would be considered fraudulent. A dealer rating a card a perfect "10"
>doesn't make it so. Borrowing NWA numbers is the same thing as far as I am
>concerned. Buyer beware I guess sums it up.

you are absolutly right - but thats not my point.

you are arguing against self pairings that are disclosed as such by the
seller. you are effectivly saying all collectors should ahve to buy PCGS
slabs and cant use their own judgement and trust in a dealers information to
ensure that ms60 high relief st guadens really is ms60 and not an omega.

it's one thing to say that pcgs slabs command the highest premium. it's a
totally diffrent thing to imply that anyone not using pcgs is out to screw
over their customer.