[meteorite-list] Self Proclaimed Pairings Issues (SPPI)

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri May 5 16:24:46 2006

IMHO, there is significant difference between someone fraudulently
proclaiming (without doing the legwork) "This meteorite IS paired with
XXXX" and someone saying "This meteorite I BELIEVE TO BE paired with XXXX"
or "This meteorite MIGHT BE paired with XXXX". If the latter, I want to see
large disclaimers and that an appropriate sample has been submitted for
classification to the appropriate labs before I spend my money. although I
have been known to take a flyer. That's also how I got a couple of my
meteorwrongs :) It doesn't hurt to be a known reliable source either.
Anyone can say they THINK they have the newest lunar, but show me the
paperwork first.

"Allah will provide, but tie your camel anyway."

Tracy Latimer