[meteorite-list] Gifhorn Meteorite Show 2006 - Photos

From: Gibeon_at_aol.com <Gibeon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat May 20 08:36:27 2006

Hallo list,

sorry that I am a little late with the photos, but I was very busy the last 2 weeks.
Anyways, here are some nice impressions from the Gifhorn Meteorite Show 2006.
Unfortunatly I could not take so many photos as usual because I was busy at my table, but I will try to do it better next year.
Here are the links with the photos.

1: Gifhorn city with nice old houses
http://www.strufe.net/bilder_sonstige/Gifhorn-2006-01.JPG

2: walk to the Gifhorn castle and enjoy the beautyfull area
http://www.strufe.net/bilder_sonstige/Gifhorn-2006-03.JPG

3: in the evening it was nice warm outside, so we had dinner in the beergarden.
http://www.strufe.net/bilder_sonstige/Gifhorn-2006-04.JPG

4: Professor Birger Schmitz from University of Lund / Sweden with Rainer Bartoschewitz showing one of the famous fossile meteorites that were found in the Kinnekulle quarry.
http://www.strufe.net/bilder_sonstige/Gifhorn-2006-05.JPG

5: sure, also I wanted to hold a rare piece like this
http://www.strufe.net/bilder_sonstige/Gifhorn-2006-06.JPG

6: this is the ?fullslice? of the Kinnekulle meteorite. What you see below is the track of a fossile worm.
http://www.strufe.net/bilder_sonstige/Gifhorn-2006-07.JPG

7: close up of the meteorite. You can still see the chondrules and metal flakes, but they are all weathered.
http://www.strufe.net/bilder_sonstige/Gifhorn-2006-08.JPG

8: some of my material
http://www.strufe.net/bilder_sonstige/Gifhorn-2006-09.JPG

9: many different meteorite samples
http://www.strufe.net/bilder_sonstige/Gifhorn-2006-10.JPG

10: meteorite books
http://www.strufe.net/bilder_sonstige/Gifhorn-2006-11.JPG

11: my complete table together with my partner from Morocco
http://www.strufe.net/bilder_sonstige/Gifhorn-2006-12.JPG

12: view
http://www.strufe.net/bilder_sonstige/Gifhorn-2006-13.JPG

13: I had my rock saw at the show, because many people that bought a NWA meteorite, wanted to see how it looks inside.
http://www.strufe.net/bilder_sonstige/Gifhorn-2006-14.JPG

14: all the fingers are still ok
http://www.strufe.net/bilder_sonstige/Gifhorn-2006-15.JPG

15: always nice to meet Sigrid on the meteorite shows.
http://www.strufe.net/bilder_sonstige/Gifhorn-2006-16.JPG

Best regards

Hanno Strufe
Langenbergstrasse 32