[meteorite-list] [eBay] ending in about 2 days

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Nov 11 22:33:36 2006

Hello all, I have another batch of ebay stuff ending in about two days.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZlaserprogramQQhtZ-1QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0?

Please scroll past the assorted laser stuff to find meteorites. On an
unrelated note it seems interestingly enough that a number of meteorite
people are also interested in lasers. An unusual convergance of intrests,
no?

This week up for grabs is my last thin slice of my awsome LL3.10 - I have 2
more small chunks that I may turn into slices sometime down the road, but
they represent only a few more grams of material. Another piece of my new
NWA angrite - getting down to the smaller pieces on that one. A very nice
large surface area winonaite. More acapulcoite, seymchan, polymict
diogenite, kainsaz, and a few others.

Also in this weeks round of auctions are a few pieces of newly recovered
material. A small part slice from a 95g stone that is paired to nwa 011/2400
- this is the original 'it must be from mercury' material - although that
theory has now been largely discounted due to the calculated age of
formation. (see: http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/metsoc2003/pdf/5103.pdf )

Finally something special. Last on the list is an AWSOME piece of R
chondrite. Based on the unique apearance of this material alone I think this
to be paired to the R 3-6 that has been around lately in small fragments.
Well this is no fragment but a large, thin full slice! Look at the pics and
judge for yourself
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280046347738&indexURL=4#ebayphotohosting
even if you arent buying click on the high resolution versions of the
images. the breccia of highly metamorphosed material in contrast with the
vivid black type three is really worth taking the time to see! I only have 2
more slices of this material, one is likely sold to a friend of mine and
another is no where near as nice, so if you are in the market for the best
of the best jump on this opportunity as it likely wont be repeated!

Both the nwa 011/2400 and the R material have had type spceimins deposited
with a nomcom aproved laboratory and numbers specific to these stones will
be forthcomming shortly. The classification of both stones as as an R and
paired to nwa 011 has already been confirmed by the science guys.

TIA - and if you are bidding, best of luck!