[meteorite-list] Mars Connection to Seaton Beach 'Find'

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:09:09 -0800 (PST)

> Mr Pavey continued: "I took it to Eve's in Seaton
> and they put
> me onto an expert in Scotland, so I flew up there
> and had it
> checked out.
>
> "He compared it to other specimens and said it was
> almost
> definitely a meteorite from Mars.
>
> "I often carry a bit around to show different
> people.

I wonder who he spoke to? There can't be many experts
in Scotland. Maybe it was Rob Elliott? It certainly
wasn't me (couldn't be, it was seen by an expert).
This is the first anyone in the British and Irish
Meteorite Society have heard about it, I think.
Wouldn't mind taking a look at it myself.

Once again, there's the report of it being warm,
possibly hours later.
Uh-oh! I feel an attack of cynicism coming
on...must...take...medication...

Where the heck IS Seaton, anyway?

Rob McC