[meteorite-list] Grandstanding?

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 23:49:46 -0400

On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 20:26:54 -0700, you wrote:

>Grandstanding? By whom?

Reading that article (if the article is accurate) I kinda have to agree. All
the time, effort, and donations put into collecting that money was nobile and
admirable. Wanting to present it in public in the form of a giant check is just
tacky, IMHO. For you religious folks:

1 "Be careful not to do your `acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by
them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
2
"So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the
hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell
you the truth, they have received their reward in full.
3
But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right
hand is doing,
4
so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in
secret, will reward you.

Matthew 6:1-4

http://bible.cc/matthew/6-1.htm
http://bible.cc/matthew/6-2.htm