[meteorite-list] GPS

From: PolandMET <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 00:10:05 +0200

> Does anyone have any specific suggestions when looking for a Handheld GPS?
> What features should one look for a unit to have? What units are good/bad?
> Any Help?
>
> CJ Lebel

Hi
For outdoor hunting, desert trips and also for holidays trips with family I
suggest Garmin eTrex Cx serie. Legend or Vista model. User friendly, low
budget models but with all feauters that You could expect and need on trip.

eTrex Cx version have expandable memory for extra big maps on Micro SD cards
and they are small like mobil phone so they dont take much place (ok, they
are little bigger :)
I have used old eTrex Legend from some years but it was slow. From a month I
have new eTrex Legend Cx and it is great. I love it from a first second :)
Purchased on eBay in USA where this model costs 50% of european price. Its
like a steal.

If You need something more expensive and with biger screen then maybe Garmin
60CSx or 76CSx. They are hi-end units that will survive everything :) And
they have SIRF III chip, the most sensitive one and best on the marked right
now. eTrex serie dont have it but accouracy in my garden is up to 1m so I
dont need more :)

Just look on a few forums or news groups or use a holy Google :) Garmin its
like Nokia in mobil phones world.

Right now Garmin made new eTrex HCx serie.

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin at meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin at polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195