[meteorite-list] GPS

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 20:07:08 +0200

> Just look on a few forums or news groups or use a holy Google :) Garmin
> its like Nokia in mobil phones world. Right now Garmin made new eTrex HCx
> HCx serie.

I concur with Marcin, regarding the GARMIN GPS brand. I have used a Garmin ever since 1995 (!!!), and the very same instrument still works fine, though equipped with much lesser channels and features than nowadays handhelds in the GPS cosmos. [PS: it even survived a trip to Cuba, when it was temporarily seized by the customs officers there!! :-)]

It is the same as with meteorites, meteorite dealers, and many different aspects, tools and things of life:

--> Quality counts! <--

So "know your GPS"! If you are faced with the decision of better or worse, cheaper or more expensive, think twice before you decide in favor of your purse. A good investment usually pays off in the long run!

Alex
Berlin/Germany