[meteorite-list] Cali links, and sales information

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 08:10:36 -0700 (PDT)

Alex, indeed it is better to try than to not. I am
most pleased of course with the stones I brought home.
We have people down there working for us, trying to
locate more, but other than stones possibly found in
the streets by locals, I don't see much more coming.
The sugarcane photos need no further explanation, that
would be impossible to hunt now. They are some months
from harvest I was told, and with the fields covered
in water, you know what that will do to a fresh
meteorite, they will all be rotted out if any more are
found later. As fast as the meteorites seem to have
been moving for such small stones to do so much
damage, I would think anything larger would have
penetrated deep into the mud in the fields, then after
months of being under water, you know that they will
be buried and never seen again. I do not have much
hope of recovering from the fields sadly. Logic tells
me that they will all be destroyed.
Michael Farmer

http://meteoriteguy.com/califall/CALIcolombiafall.htm