[meteorite-list] Amazing coincedence, Off topic DEFORESTATION for Furniture.

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 11:10:12 +0100

Yep, and solar panels, energy efficient light bulbs, and most wind
turbines all take more 'co2'/energy to produce, dispose of, and
transport around the world than they will ever 'save' or generate in
their entire short working product life! (Paticularly solar panels, they
are the worst way of generating power there is (besides coal and gas),
also being stuffed full of very nasty chemicals like selenium!)

And ... actually mature forests emit more co2 and methane than
new/virgin forests do (down to the decaying wood and forest floor
ecosystem), so cutting down forests and replanting them with younger
trees is ironically actually better for the environment!! (though not if
you are a monkey of course).

It's really easy to get caught up in the hype, but my advice is stay
objective !

Mark