[meteorite-list] Ensisheim belonging

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Zelimir.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 17:43:53 +0100

Hi Dave,

This will occur probably when all the countries will start to pressure all
the world collectors, museums...to return all the pieces or art (paintings,
sculptures), objects...supposedly belonging to them. But on which grouns,
laws, agreements ?

You bet this will never occur and perhaps it is far better like that, for
the benefit of the whole world heritage and cultures.

Actually, would France have the right to claim the restitution ? The place
where the meteoirite fell is now located in France. Not in 1492....

On a more friendly basis, I am very happy to be able to share my feelings
about this fabulous meteorite (amongt many others) with you who live so far
away and who know it well because you have some fragments. This is why our
international list is so interesting. Imagine if we would have been
requested to collect only our local falls/finds ?

Well, if you are not convinced and if you really insist, then I am ready to
exchange with you all my Canon Diablos against the equivalent weight of
Ensisheim...

Cheers,

Zelimir

A 09:04 06/03/2007 -0700, Dave Freeman mjwy a ?crit :
>Dear Zelimir;
>I enjoyed reading your post. Just a thought, when is France going to
>pressure all colletors/collections to give their specimens back?
>
>Dave F.

Prof. Zelimir Gabelica
Universit? de Haute Alsace
ENSCMu, Lab. GSEC,