[meteorite-list] Chang's Moon

From: mexicodoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 15:08:38 -0600

Here's the first public photo from China's first Moon orbiter launched last
month.

http://www.cnsa.gov.cn/n615709/n620682/n639462/132125.html

Not bad for the Chang'e ship (apparently pronounced "Ch-ong-er" after the
snooping woman in her husband's personal items, who feared being caught, ate
the evidence (her husband's vitamin herb) and fled in to the Moon with her
rabbit that now manufacture herbal remedies).

By the time we see manned voyages back to the Moon, a thriving business in
Chinese restaurants will be serving travelers take-out.

The Chinese do have a sense of humor. Curiously, Apollo 11 (Armstrong,
Collins, Aldrin, 1969) and Houston joked about this Chinese legend upon
arriving by the Moon in what was to become the first Moonwalk, and now China
has contending for the last laugh,

Mission Control: "...Chinese girl called Chang-o has been living there for
4000 years. It seems she was banished to the moon because she stole the pill
for immortality from her husband. You might also look for her companion, a
large Chinese rabbit, who is easy to spot since he is only standing on his
hind feet in the shade of a cinnamon tree. The name of the rabbit is not
recorded."

Michael Collins: "OK we'll keep a close eye for the bunny-girl."

Best Wishes,
Doug