[meteorite-list] : Ad New Canadian Meteorite for sale

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 14:31:33 -0500

On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 14:17:43 -0500, you wrote:

>having some (class, that is). You wrote: "Here's the thing about my
>hobbies-- I don't expect to ever get back the money that I put into them...I
>not only am used to falling prices on things (thus destruction of cash value
>of investments)-- I want it." It would be hard to use logic to respond to
>that thinking...

Why? What is illogical about that thinking? When you see something that you
like, do you think "gee, that's cool-- I'd like to have that-- but I wonder how
much money I can get back for it at some point in the future if I decided to
sell it?" The value of hobbies is the pursuit of the hobby, not the theoretical
future depreciated value of the subject of the hobby. HELL YES I want price
collapses on the things that interest me! See, I think of money as a necessary
evil to be used to buy things that I want, not an object of worship in and of
itself. I'm not a Republican.

(wait, I didn't say that)