[meteorite-list] 10 Reasons Why Everyone Should Own A Meteorite!

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 17:31:21 -0500

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 13:21:55 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

>Anyway, just count them. Here's Mike Bloods meteorite
>friends page. I counted 21 females out of over 220
>pictures- I may be off a few as my attention wandered.
>However, of the 21 some were wives and daughters (of
>meteorite dealers/hunters)
>
>That's it 21! If women were as into meteorites as guys
>the tally would be much higher.

The same goes for interest in science in general. (Picking one article out of
many possibilities):

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A52344-2005Jan31.html

But at least they aren't as dumb as the French!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0CjrNgK0zw

(Disclaimer to women and the French: Kidding! Just kidding!)