[meteorite-list] meteorite hunting in Western Australia

From: Göran Axelsson <axelsson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 21:25:49 +0200

Hi and thanks for the answer!

I was aware of the export laws and had no intention of bringing any
meteorite back home without permit. But that it belongs to the
government in WA was a surprise.
How could there be so many Millbillillies around with that law? Is it a
new interpretation or a new law?

If (big if) I would find a meteorite where should I leave it?

I just want to test my luck and finally find a meteorite myself, if it
ends up in a museum that is fine with me.

I still have a few days before I go out in the wild... well, I decided
to not stray too far out from the main roads, it should be enough round
to cover for this vacation anyhow.

/Goran